Re: Anything for home user and not the technical one??

Can I just point out quickly here that Fedora is probably not a proper distribution for home use?  It's meant to be a test bed for the latest in Linux and open source software; it has a very short version cycle time, it's always on the cutting edge, it isn't documented well, etc.  I love it, personally, but I'm a Linux administrator.

The only advantages to it are that it's free, and a couple of people have written books based on it.  You'd probably be much better off with RHEL (not free), CentOS (free) or Ubuntu (free), all of which are meant to be more stable and better documented than Fedora.

Just my 2 cents.

Hugh

From: Parshwa Murdia <b330bkn@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: Anything for home user and not the technical one?? To: Community support for Fedora users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Message-ID: <AANLkTi=bdm6cg+P8hFJamgYihkw8EMaU_M+YXrmnuVSz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:54 PM, g <geleem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> after sending this, i will check chess site to see what happens for me.
>

>>>From where to do this? There is coming no icos in the toolbar of firefox?
>
> right click on 'tool bar', select 'customize'. a window opens with icons
> that you drag and drop on 'tool bar'.
I uninstalled the NoScript, which doesn't work with User Agent
Switcher in my PC, but still IE7 (via default user agent) is not
working and i am not able to play chess.

Regards,
Parshwa Murdia

--
Hugh Caley, Linux Administrator