Re: how to uninstall preload?

On Wednesday 21 July 2010 02:50 AM, Parshwa Murdia wrote:
> I wd say again the reason which seems to me may be is that I have been
> subscribed to the digest mail and I receive one email comprising of
> many e-mail in that with each individual email (contained in one
> digest) is under the header "Forwarded" and while replying to that it
> automatically doesn't get trimmed. But the good thing is that it could
> be manually trimmed.

I think you misunderstood what Tim is trying to say. What he means by
header is the header of your response. That is usually unseen. To see
them click on  the tiny drop down arrow on the top right of your message
in gmail and click "Show original". The page that opens has a lot more
text than the message you were just viewing.

I think one possible solution to this small issue is to go to your
subscription page for the mailing list[1] and change the email options
to choose MIME to "Get MIME or Plain Text Digests?" option. But since
you use gmail it might not work, but it is  definitely worth a try. If
the present situation continues it will be difficult for everyone on the
list to follow a discussion where you participate and you would have
difficulty getting proper help since no one will be able to follow your
thread completely.

I would however recommend subscribing to the regular emails instead of
the digest. If you are a little intimidated to deal with the volume of
emails, try using a filter in gmail. For example I have this among my
filters in gmail,

Matches: (list:"fedora-list.redhat.com" OR
list:"fedora-announce-list.redhat.com" OR
list:"users.lists.fedoraproject.org" OR
list:"announce.lists.fedoraproject.org")
Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "Fedora"

This is very easy to setup, gmail has many help pages to guide you along.

GL

Suvayu