Sun Java double-click interval

I use Fedora 13 64bit with latest updates.

Applications using sun jre (for an example matlab) has a very fast double-click interval. This makes double-clicks get interpreted as two single clicks.

When I add the line
'*multiClickTime: 400'

 to $HOME/.Xdefaults and invoke

xrdb -merge $HOME/.Xdefaults

double-click interval in matlab (and all other sun java applications) works fine.

But every time I login I have to invoke the command 'xrdb -merge $HOME/.Xdefaults'

I have a feeling $HOME/.Xdefaults' is not checked by the X session.

What's the correct filename in Fedora where I have to put double-click interval?

Thanks
Pasan