Re: Phone calls from laptop

On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 16:29 +0100, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> While I can only imagine *why* the OP would ever want this kind of
> thing, I believe this could be possible in principle, provided that
> the modem can send arbitrary analog signal over the wire. If his
> hardware is ok, it's just a question of whether there is any software
> that implements this behavior.

I seem to recall that the TTY relay services worked that way.  Their
computers are connected to the phone line, and their pseudo modem can
accept data modem calls, Braille TTY calls, or voice calls, and they act
as a middle-man between two callers using different techniques.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.