Re: My laptop Speakers Doesn't Mute then i connect the headphones on FC13

Thanks for your prompt answers guys,
Frank Elsner very helpful info, i create the alsa-base file and i add the option:
  options snd_hda_intel model=auto

Because i got confused about what i have to put if my codec is:
Codec: Analog Devices AD1984A

So i have to put in model=AD1984A?

Just to know because i got confused in that part, i didnt find that .txt file in my computer but in internet i found it but i found nothing about AD1984A.. Anyways auto option works for me, but you can tell what i should put instead auto?

Thanks

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Frank Elsner <Frank.Elsner@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:15:05 -0500 David A. Paredes Rios wrote:
> Hello
> Im having this weird problem, when i connect any headphones to the laptop
> jack, i can hear de sound from bot sources, headphones and speakers, any
> ideas on how to solve this?

Depending on the model and sound driver you need to give an option
to the driver.

On my Lenovo 3000 C200 I had to greate file  /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
containing the line
                     options snd_hda_intel model=lenovo

The basics of this are (sorry, I cant't remeber where I found it):

| Notebooks have integrated soundchips which might be detected correctly, but who do not work. You need to find out which chipset your notebook has and configure the system. Follow these steps:
| 1. Find out which soundchip you have:
| Code:
|
| cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec
|
| This will return model of your sound card, for example: "Codec: Realtek ALC660-VD".
| Your sound card is an ALC660-VD.
| 2. Check out the documentation of Alsa, the document you need can be found on your system:
| /usr/src/KERNEL_VERSION/Documentation/sound/alsa/ALSA-Configuration.txt or on the internet, see here. Look up which id you should use to identify the card.
| 3. Edit or create the file /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base and adjust or add the following line:
| Code:
|
| options snd-hda-intel model=MODEL
|
| Replace "MODEL" with the right id (you might need to experiment to see which one):
| Code:
|
|       ALC861VD/660VD
|         3stack        3-jack
|         3stack-dig    3-jack with SPDIF OUT
|         6stack-dig    6-jack with SPDIF OUT
|         3stack-660    3-jack (for ALC660VD)
|         3stack-660-digout 3-jack with SPDIF OUT (for ALC660VD)
|         lenovo        Lenovo 3000 C200
|         dallas        Dallas laptops
|         hp            HP TX1000
|         auto          auto-config reading BIOS (default)
|
| 4. Reboot and ready!

--Frank Elsner