Re: Can one now help?

I noticed that I actually made a mistake in the below, here's the correction:

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Christofer C. Bell <christofer.c.bell@gm
In looking at your list here, it's likely that sda8 is your /boot filesystem and that sd9 contains your root filesystem and swap partition (assuming a default selection of settings during the installation of Fedora).  Because LVM is in use here, we can't mount the disk partitions directly.  Remember, the disk partition is an LVM physical volume, it's not a filesystem that can be mounted.  However, the logical volumes *are* normal filesystems that can be mounted.

I can't see the hostname of your machine, but I'll wager you didn't change the default installation name of vg_$(hostname) so I'll go with that here:

# mount -t ext4 /dev/mapper/vg_$(hostname)/lv_root /mnt

That mount command should read, instead:

# mount -t ext4 /dev/mapper/vg_$(hostname)-lv_root /mnt

Where you replace $(hostname) with the hostname of your computer (basically the correct name as given by the lvscan command).

Anyway, sorry for the foul-up!  And again, good luck getting your issue resolved!

--
Chris