Re: Suspend & power management

  On 07/16/2010 01:09 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 08:25 -0700, JD wrote:
>> On 07/16/2010 06:51 AM, Alex wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Yes, that is configured to be enabled after ten minutes. I'm referring
>>> to the button in the lower-right corner of the desktop before logging
>>> in. I assumed it would immediately begin the process of suspending the
>>> computer, no?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alex
>> I have F13. I do not see that button. Does anyone else?
> You will see it as the righy-most option when you click on
> System->Shut Down
> --
> I guess the Little League is even littler than we thought. -- D. Cavett
> Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You said: Lower right - I assumed you mean lower right corner of the
desktop.
Now you say it is on the Shudown menu banner, which is true.

I also assume that your running kernel's config file has
CONFIG_ARCH_SUSPEND_POSSIBLE=y
CONFIG_SUSPEND=y
CONFIG_SUSPEND_FREEZER=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND=y

and I assume you have sufficient swap space available
to store your entire ram to swap.

If these conditions are met, then
clicking on suspend in the shutdown menu should (and does)
work.