Workspace switcher crashes at 20

Greetings.
I have tried a from-scratch installation of Fedora 13, using the
DVD iso downloaded from the Fedora website on Saturday 10 July
(therefore recent). I chose the standard Gnome (not Compiz)
desktop.

I work with several workspaces. Using Debian 4.0 (Etch) and
Debian 5.0 (Lenny) I have 20 workspaces in Gnome with no problem.

After installation and initial setup, I logged in to Gnome on the
new Fedora 13, and using the Preferences menu for the workspaces
switcher I increased the number of workspaces from the initial 2.

At increasing numbers, I was able to switch between workspaces
using either the mouse (left-click), or Ctrl-Alt-<Left>/<Right>
on the keyboard. I took it up to 18 workspaces, still no problem.

Then I took it up to 20, my usual number. At this point, the
workspace-switcher became surrounded by a dashed-line frame,
it was impossible to switch between workspaces by any means,
and the facility to change the number of workspaces in the
workspace Preferences menu had disappeared. The situation was
still the same after rebooting.

A friend of mine, after I emailed him about this, installed
Fedora 13 in one of his virtual machines, and reported the
same problem. This was using his own download, not mine.

When I later installed a Debian 5.0 (Lenny) on my machine,
over-writing the Fedora 13 insttalation, I got 20 workspaces
as usual. with no problem.

Therefore it would seem that there is a substantial bug in
Gnome in Fedora 13.

Has anyone else experienced this? What do the Fedora people
say about it?

With thanks,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <Ted.Harding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>