Re: Trying to get eagle pcb software installed on F13 x64

--- On Thu, 7/15/10, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Generally, when you install something without using rpm or
> yum, and something is missing, there is no methodical step
> to figure out the correct package to install.

Yes, I know, that is why I asked for help, and tried to 'yum install' the library.

I was hoping someone on this list was using Eagle for PCB design.
Or failing that had a recommendation for another, Fedora-friendly package.
I need to be able import files from the open source arduino projects.
They all seem to be in that format.

> Were you to install an rpm package, yum would figure out itself what the
> dependencies are, and install them automatically.

Yes - I know how rpm and yum work.

BTW I tried to install the libraries and they were not found.
So it looks like I will have to build an Ubuntu box to do this.

Anyway - thanks for replying Sam.

Mick M.