Re: Autocorrection in OOo 3.1.1 and shortcut for navigating in Firefox when zoomed in

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Marcel Rieux <m.z.rieux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How does Red Hat manages to ask thousand of dollars from companies when Linux's main word processing software doesn't offer such basic functionalities?

Excuse me for trolling with facts -- because anything that's not hip, hip, hurrah is trolling -- but I wonder if I'm not daydreaming wasting my time on the net for something that should exist I'm told everywhere... but doesn't.

First off, Red Hat isn't asking thousands of dollars from companies that are using Linux as a word processor.  The entitlement for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop is like $320/year or so.  If you're paying the "thousands of dollars per year" on your RHEL entitlement, then you're not running OpenOffice.org Writer on it.

Secondly, Red Hat doesn't charge anything at all (nor could they) for Fedora, which is what you're using -- the free consumer product.  Not only are you using a free product, you're using an old version of it.

Facts are never trolling, but attitude is.  When you march in here and sort of turn up your nose, snort, and act all disgusted that your free product doesn't offer the feature you want and make noise like everyone who thinks it's great anyway is an idiot, then that's trolling.  If you think this is going to garner sympathy for your cause you are, as you imply, daydreaming.

--
Chris