Re: Anyone knows how to install VMware Server 2.0.2 on F13?

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Athmane Madjoudj <athmanem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 07/14/2010 12:40 PM, Yanglong ZHU wrote:
>> The VMware's script vmware-config-tools.pl asks for

>> make: Leaving directory `/tmp/vmware-config0/vmmon-only'
>> Unable to build the vmmon module.
>>
>> For more information on how to troubleshoot module-related problems, please
>> visit our Web site at "http://www.vmware.com/go/unsup-linux-products"; and
>> "http://www.vmware.com/go/unsup-linux-tools";.
>>
>> Execution aborted.
>>
>> [root@localhost xyz123]#
>

> It's recommended to use KVM is your system support Hardware virtualization
> otherwise try to use VMPlayer 3.1 which is known to work with F13 (i use
> it) or if you insist on VMware server 2.0 then RHEL/CentOS are better
> Host OS, F13 has a new kernel, VMware server kernel modules are not
> supported with new kernel.

Thank you Athmane Madjoudj. I will try VMPlayer 3.1.

To the other responders.
KVM runs on my machine, but the issue is that there is no way to boot
XP after the initial copying stage. That is, the XP installation could
not complete. Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2140 does not support
hardware virtualization.