Re: Fedora 13 boot.iso not working with "askmethod"

On 10-07-11 12:39 AM, JD wrote:
> I just tested the askmethod after I burned the boot.iso
> to a 1GB flash stick, and booted it with Virtualbox.
> At the menu to install/upgrade/boot from local disk.....etc etc..
> I pressed Tab key and it immediately showed the vmlinux boot line args
> to which I appended askmethod (of course after a space separator).
> And it worked exactly as advertised. It asked me for the URL
> of the installation image.
> So I have no idea why you should have had any problems.

I have installed Fedora 13 now, the first login and updates are next.
But just to verify, I tried booting again with the USB stick with
askmethod parameter ... and now it works as expected! I have no idea why
it did not work the first couple of times I tried. I must be doing
something wrong then.

BTW, erasing the "vmlinux" line after pressing TAB and replacing it with
"linux askmethod" does not work, it just gives back the boot choices.

Regards.