Re: Install Fedora 13 Hangs

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 08:26:49 -0700
"Gary W Johnson" <gary.wj1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am trying to upgrade to Fedora 13 from a Fedora 11 system. I made a
> DVD and when I do the upgrade it displays the message "Probing EDD
> (edd=off to disable)... ok) and then it hangs. The upgrade stops with
> the message and makes no ferther progress. I did a online upgrade and
> when it rebooted with the upgrade the upgrade hung the same way.

What kind of video card do you have?

lspci in f11 should show you.

Have you tried passing 'edid=off' to the boot line of the installer?

Does your video card have DVI and VGA? If so, can you switch it to the
other one?

Finally, try booting with 'xdriver=vesa' and see if that gets any
further.

Good luck!

kevin