Re: Fedora 13 - Shutdown works, but Restart Freezes??

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 15:09:38 -0700
"Michael D. Setzer II" <mikes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 8 Jul 2010 at 15:18, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
> > Try the suggestions at:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KernelCommonProblems#System_hangs_on_reboot
>
> The reboot=b seems to fix the problem, but the reboot option seems to
> work just fine with all the kernels I've built for my g4l project
> from kernel.org on the same machine, so why does the Fedora kernel do
> this?

I would guess either:

a) a patch in the Fedora kernel is behaving oddly with your hardware.

and/or

b) a config option is different. You can look at the fedora config
in /boot/config*

PS: No need to reply direct to me on mailing list posts, I'm subscribed
to the list too. ;)

kevin