Re: Problems when creating Live-boot usb stick

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 21:38:25 +0900,
  Abu Attar Musharih <abuattar.musharih@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I made a live bootable  Fedora-13 on Buffalo 8G  usb stick  using Linux command
>
> > dd if=Fedora-13-i686-Live.iso of=/dev/sdb1

That's the wrong device. If you use dd you need to overwrite starting at the
beginning of the phsyical device. The correct name for that device is
/dev/sdb, not /dev/sdb1. Note if you do that all partitions already defined
for the device will be lost.

As others mentioned, depending on what you want to do, using livecd-iso-to-disk
might be a better option for you.