Re: Bug in mailing lists; unfriendly to non-subscribers

On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 13:24:08 -0400
Tom H <tomh0665@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>
> > This way when a non-subscriber posts something, he doesn't have to add
> > the "Please CC me as I'm not in the mailing list"; it will happen
> > automatically.
>
> I couldn't disagree more.
>
> Posting to the list: If someone wants to benefit from a list, the
> least that he/she should do is subscribe. I delete systematically any
> email with "please cc me as I'm not subscribed to the list".

And that attitude is going to make new linux users who have questions feel
unwanted on the list!  The Fedora lists are VERY active and all those posts can
be somewhat intimidating to linux newbies

--
Tom Taylor - retired penguin
linux counter: 263467