Re: FC13 Virt & Win XP guest

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 11:51 PM, Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Saturday 03 July 2010 07:48 PM, Yanglong ZHU wrote:
>> From
>> which application did you get to the hardware details tab? How do you
>> create virtual machine? Do use Virtual Machine Manager?
>
> Yes I was using virt-manager, the gui to libvirt. And when I say
> hardware details tab, I mean go to the tab with the info sign ("i") in
> virt-manager for the VM in question.
>
>> I have the
>> same questions as asked before. Namely:
>> How do you tell the VM to boot from CD (or in my case the ISO) ? Could
>> you say the actual steps you took - that would be great.
>
> Go to the hardware details tab, under boot options you should be able to
> change the boot device order. I haven't had time to try any of this
> since the discussion I referred to from last month, so things might have
> been fixed by now.
>
> If I can find the time I 'll try to play with this tomorrow. In the mean
> time good luck to you.

Thanks for your help. I can follow the steps, but got no results.
After changing the boot option to boot from CD I got this messge on
rebooting:

Booting from CD-Room...
Boot failed: could not read CDROOM (code 001)
No bootable device.

Clearly the same CDROOM was read and have gone through disk formatting
and file-copying still in the CD drive. This may be a different side
(effect) of the same bug.