Re: The quietness of preupgrade

--- On Wed, 7/7/10, Timothy Murphy <gayleard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Timothy Murphy <gayleard@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: The quietness of preupgrade
> To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 4:22 PM
>
> I preupgraded from F-12 to F-13 today,
> and it nearly all went well.
> But I found the long periods when nothing seemed to be
> happening
> off-putting, to put it mildly.
>
> It spent 30-60 minutes "searching for storage" -
> what is that about?
> I assumed the program had hung, but I was watching the
> World Cup,
> so didn't mind waiting,
> and was amazed to find the program actually returned to
> life
> just as the game ended.
>
> It really would be helpful if developers could make sure
> that some kind of message, even if it is just a row of
> dots,
> comes up from time to time.
>
> --

<humor>
A message telling you pregupgrade cannot continue since Germany is losing to Spain, it just has 11 minutes to catch up if it has a chance of working?

Or we are going to overtime to install this, are you ready for penalty kicks?

</humor>

Actually, one of the major problems of preupgrade has been the small boot partition(200MB) and Fedora 13 has addressed this by making the boot partition 500 MB.  Other than that, preupgrade should work fine.

Regards,

Antonio

P.S
Who do you like in the final?
Holland or Spain?

Germany was playing beautifully up until today, I am actually disappointed that we did not have overtime or penalty kicks :(  I love those Panneka shots like Loco Abreu took for Uruguay, but has not happened.  All of this of course not on the final.  I would like the final to be won in added time, with a goalkeeper scoring, either by a header or a kick.  I would like to see the goalkeeper score one, because normally one does not see these things happen :(  But it does add fun to the GAME :)