nvidia driver issues

As the nouveau driver for nvidia cards (installed by default with FC13)
does not adequately support dual monitors I would like to replace it
with a nvidia driver. I'm using this documentation:

http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia
http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-nvidia.html

Here's the procedure I've decided to follow, although I still have some
questions, mostly based on discrepancies between the two sets of
instructions:

1. determine card model and level of support
[98] ~ $ /sbin/lspci -nn | grep 'VGA\|NV'
06:01.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation NV44A
[GeForce 6200] [10de:0221] (rev a1)
I found the card name and PCI ID (221) listed at
http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html:
GeForce 6200  	0x0221
So apparently this card (GPU) is supported.

2. modify grub.conf to disable nouveau driver
Both instructions say to add this to the end of the entry for the active
kernel:
rdblacklist=nouveau
...but the rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia instructions differ in saying to
add instead:
rdblacklist=nouveau nomodeset

QUESTION: Google tells me that specifying "nomodeset" basically tells
the system to use an older set of software/drivers which does work but
may be slower or have some other issues that people would like to
eliminate. Is the "nomodeset" parameter necessary in this case?

The rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia instructions also say that SElinux
protection should be lowered:
setsebool -P allow_execstack on

QUESTION: Is this really necessary? Does it risk compromising the
security of my system?

3. Select and install proper kmod (Fedora Kernel Module) which matches
the driver. This kmod must match the specific driver for the PCI ID
determined earlier.

As far as I can tell from
www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-nvidia.html (and since my system
has been using PAE kernels) the proper kernel module to use is:
kmod-nvidia-PAE

...which I can install using yum (as I already have the rpmfusion
repository configuration files):
su -c 'yum install kmod-nvidia-PAE'

...and then reboot.

MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION: Suppose this doesn't work and the reboot hangs
(presumably with the X startup). Will I be able to use a previous kernel
(on the grub menu) or will yum have automatically associated
kmod-nvidia-PAE with all the retained kernels? Or is the back-out
procedure (from run level 3) to (1) yum remove kmod-nvidia-PAE (2) take
out the extra parameters on the kernel line in grub.conf, and (3)
reboot?

Thanks for the help!
Jerry