Re: Printing problem on FC13

Hi,

>> There is a choice of a number of print drivers, and I've tried a few
>> of them, including ljet4, hl1250, and a ghostscript driver, and they
>> all do the same thing.
>
> It sounds like all the ones you've tried are 'Foomatic'-based drivers.
>
> How about if you try this one?:
> Brother HL-5070N - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.5 Simplified

Yep, no soup. I think that is the default, and just tried it again and
doesn't work.

> (it comes from the 'gutenprint-cups' package, which you might not have
> installed.)

# rpm -qva|grep guten
gutenprint-cups-5.2.5-5.fc13.x86_64
gutenprint-5.2.5-5.fc13.x86_64

> Alternatively, the foomatic-db-ppds package provides a PPD from Brother
> for this printer, but I've just spotted that it is confusingly filed
> under model 'HL-5070N BR-Script3' (I'll fix that for a future
> system-config-printer version).

I've now tried pretty much all of them in various ways, and they all
print the same error message.

I've also tried the "overwrite" and "keep settings from previous PPD"
choices, and same result.

Thanks for any ideas.
Best regards,
Alex