Re: ati catalyst workaround for fedora13

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Tom Horsley <horsley1953@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:37:52 -0500
Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> AMD is taking care of the people who really care. They publish data on how
> to make their stuff work.

But judging from the actual results on several different ATI cards
with the radeon driver the published data leaves a lot
of details out about the differences between the 47,526 different
model cards they produced over the years :-).

Things have definitely gotten better in fedora 13 on most of my
systems with ATI cards, but at least one card worked better
in fedora 12.

I import my Fedora graphics to a Windows box.  Everything, including ATI Catalyst, works just fine.  The volume of talent and intellect that is being siphoned off into trying to make Fedora work like Windows just boggles my mind.

Robert.