Re: yum 'shortcomings'?

Alexander Volovics wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 06:57:12PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> On 06/23/2010 06:49 PM, Alexander Volovics wrote:
>>> I just tried it and as I suspected it is a bit terse.
>>> What if you have 2 entries for the same date with the 'same' action
>>> and only different times and you can't remember which one you
>>> performed first.
>>> I know you can look in the system logs in 'yum.log' to see which
>>> is which but it still is a tiny bit mistake prone.
>
>> yum history info <id>  will show you more precise details of the action.
>
> My education continues :)
> Bit shamefull me being a Red Hat/Fedora user since Red Hat 2 !
>
> A combination of age and things having gotten to easy I suspect.

Not having needed history, I certainly didn't know about it. I have used the
"leaves" plugin, and like many things in Linux it may do what you tell it and
not what you meant. However, in general that does what you want, and is easier
to use but less selective than history. Particularly if history has rolled on
since the change of interest.

Glad you found multiple ways to address the problem.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>