Re: Fedora 12 not releasing ports

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 02:48, Jack Lauman <jlauman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes.. and chkconfig portreserve off

Upon rebooting the server ports 110 and 25 are not seen by netstat but
are seen by the tomcat application and the app aborts stating that the
ports are in use.

They only way I can get the app to load to to "manually" run portrelease
regardless of whether the portreserve daemon is running or not.

Try running sudo lsof | grep "TCP" or the same for udp  and see if it report something about smtp/pop.
If it is not I think others may help you more than me.