fool-ishness (Re: Top posting)

Mail User Agents are notoriously bad at the automatic quoting game
(partly because different mail browsers implement quoting
differently, partly because the 800 pound gorilla who joined the
internet game late has never understood it, partly because context
always has more effect than we expect, etc.).

In an ideal world, people would know why and how the tools they use
should be used in certain ways when and where, and they would use
their tools accordingly, and we would never need to question what
their intent was.

In an ideal world, we would all use the same common language fluently.

I don't particularly want to live in that ideal world. (Not yet,
anyway. Want to get a little better at solving problems before I go
there.)

Joel Rees