Re: A message from the Fedora Board to all of our users

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 2:32 AM, dexter <dex.mbox@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the invitation :-) and I'd like to reciprocate.
> We welcome and encourage the board & contributors (that means YOU!)
> to participate constructively in these discussions by joining the User list.

Have been subscribed for years, and in my very little free time, I'm
committed to becoming more active here.  You have to realize that I
have a full-time job that is not with Fedora/Red Hat, and something of
a social life, but I'll make a concerted effort to be more active
here.

> I usually scan the board list once a month just to see what maybe
> coming down the pipe
> the idea that I could contribute as a user has never occurred as I see
> it as a place where the board
> forms an opinion/policy/ruling/decree/judgment.

Everyone's opinions are welcome! Empowering people to make the jump
from user to contributor to leader is one of the priorities of the
Fedora Project in general, and something that a lot of people think
that we could do better. Suggestions on how to do this are welcome!

>> high-level project governance and community and contributor
>> empowerment.
>
> These are the words that exclude user involvement.

I don't think so - it simply sets a topic. As I said before,
everyone's opinions are welcome. I've been on and participating in
discussions on the advisory-board list LONG prior to my time on the
Board.

> I look forward to seeing more new board/contributor faces around this list!

I'll be sure to pass that along, or better, you could during our next
public meeting, which is Friday 7/2, at 2PM EDT. :)