/etc/security/console.perms.d/<*>.perms files being ignored

I am attempting to alter the permissions of /dev/snd and its contents to rw-
rw-rw at boot time via a file /etc/security/console.perms.d/99-snd.perms, which
contains the following lines:

##
<sound>=/dev/snd/* /dev/snd
<console> 0666 <sound> 0600 root
##

This has worked with previous Fedora installations up to Fedora 10, maybe even
Fedora 11 (although the device names were different), but does not in Fedora
13. Further, the file /etc/security/console.perms.d/50-default.perms that has
been present in earlier versions of Fedora is missing; I don't even find it
using 'yum whatprovides'. The Deployment Guide for Fedora 12 ( can't find one
for Fedora 13), seems to indicate that this is still the correct way to
control console access to devices, and there are no mentions of any changes in
the Fedora 13 Release Notes, but it is not working for me.

I have verified that this is not a permissions or selinux contexts issue, and I
am aware that the same end can be accomplished via an addition to rc.local,
but I'm hoping to understand why things are not working as before.

If anyone can shed some light on this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Daniel

PS: Apologies if this is a double-post, it's been over 7 hours and the
original post hasn't hit the list yet.