Re: What the %$%@ is up with firefox

> On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 08:02 -0700, Paolo Galtieri wrote:
>
>> I logged into my laptop this AM and discovered that during the night
>> firefox had crashed.  I restarted it and now it wont display any
>> sites.  Every tab that is supposed to auto start is blank, even though
>> it remembers the site address it wont load content no matter how many
>> times I reload the page.
>>
> Mentioning which version of Firefox this is would be helpful.
>
> In the meantime, have you cleaned the FF cache?
>
> poc

The version of firefox is 3.5.10 on F12. The problem, however, turns out
to be related to an update last night that caused my dns server to fail.

Last night's update screwed up support for dnssec in named.  Some one
earlier provided what looked to be a workaround to the problem, but it
didn't work.  When I disable dnssec support in named then firefox name
lookups start to work.  Chrome obviously does not use dnssec.

This dnssec issue also affected thunderbird.

Paolo