Re: Sendmail: How does one blacklist annoying spammers?

On 06/25/2010 02:57 PM, jack craig wrote:

On 06/25/2010 02:46 PM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
I thought it was sufficient to look into the headers
of the offending email spammmers and add these respective
IP address and/or host names to the /etc/mail/access file,
but I am beginning to suspect that these headers could be
easily spoofed with bogus entries, right?

I am really getting tired of adding in entries into the access
file, and writing email filters (in thunderbird) for patterns
dumping spammers into the trash - and yet - I am still forced
to review the trash for entries that should not have been trashed.
Seems like a real chore and a losing proposition...

What do admins of sendmail use, besides spamassasin?

Thanks!
Dan

one approach is to use the black hole filters, confgure them for sendmail
and that will catch a lot of bad addresses..

http://tldp.org/LDP/nag2/x15291.html   (see 1.8.8.4.1. The Real-time Blackhole List)

hth, ...

--
Jack Craig
Software Engineer

m4:sendmail.mc:198: cannot open `/usr/share/sendmail-cf/feature/rbl.m4': No such file or directory

Where can I get this mc file, do you know?