Re: Sendmail: How does one blacklist annoying spammers?

On 06/25/2010 02:46 PM, Daniel B. Thurman was caught red-handed while
writing::
> I thought it was sufficient to look into the headers
> of the offending email spammmers and add these respective
> IP address and/or host names to the /etc/mail/access file,
> but I am beginning to suspect that these headers could be
> easily spoofed with bogus entries, right?
>
> I am really getting tired of adding in entries into the access
> file, and writing email filters (in thunderbird) for patterns
> dumping spammers into the trash - and yet - I am still forced
> to review the trash for entries that should not have been trashed.
> Seems like a real chore and a losing proposition...
>
> What do admins of sendmail use, besides spamassasin?
>
> Thanks!
> Dan

I wonder how Google does it. only .01% of my google email is spam.
The spam folder contains tons of spam, and it is automatically purged
by google.
Perhaps you might ask google? :) :)