Re: Status of SSDs under Fedora ?

Update

I cloned my old conventional 160 GB hard drive onto a new Intel X25-M
SSD using gparted.  In doing so, the new partitions ended up being ext3
instead of ext4.

The performance improvement is dramatic.  It boots super fast.   Even
Evolution, which became a lethargic dog with the upgrade to F13, is
snappy.  Its amazing how fast Firefox and Open Office Writer open.

Life is good.

I have not done any disk optimizations whatsoever.   Whatever the
defaults are, that is what I am running.

I did not perform any before and after tests, but I still have my old
harddrive as a backup.  I could always swap it in and run some tests if
they are needed.