F13 - Display trouble with a Sony Vaio (was: Re: F13 - installation problem (Anaconda + Display))

For the sake of clarity I changed the subject and summarised my
progresses (thanks to Richard).

0. Under F13 x86_64, I'm trying to obtain a functioning graphical
environment on a Sony Vaio laptop F-Series mounting a nvidia geforce
330M.

1. I have blacklisted the nouveau drivers by adding
rdblacklist=nouveau to the kernel parameters (I was doing it manually
at boot time, but I have now actually modified the file
/boot/grub/grub.conf

2. I have installed the nvidia drivers from RPMFusion (yes they are
the nvidia ones and I see the nvidia logo on graphical start) and by
modifying the xorg.conf file as outlined in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers/+bug/565382
I am now able to do a graphical boot and see the whole screen,
although everything looks incredibly "big" for a 1920x1080 screen
resolution (font size 10 looks oddly big)

There are still the following "open" points (in reverse-order of importance):
1. I don't like that the startup is now text-only until when the
graphical drivers load. Is there a way to obtain the old graphical
boot without the nouveau drivers?

2. Although I can certainly live with that, it doesn't seem
"elegant"to me :) to have to specify a blacklisted driver at boot in
order for the system to work properly.
Question: how can the next kernel update realise that the nouveau
drivers must be removed? Because of the file
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-nouveau.conf
or because I have blacklisted them in the kernel parameters at boot
time (i.e. in /boot/grub/grub.conf )

3. At boot time I get the following error:
Enabling the nvidia driver: /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: line 526: NNNN
Segmentation fault  "$@" [FAILED]
where NNNN is a 4 random digits.
Nevertheless, the nvidia drivers seem to load (I see the nvidia logo)
and work (3d works: desktop effects, opengl screensavers...). Any idea
 about what is causing this boot error and how I can fix it?

Once again thanks a lot for helping me so far,
Fede