Wireless problem in Fedora13

Hi all;

Recently installed Fedora13 and am working through problems.  I've managed to
solve most by lots of reading documentation and googling but am being frustated
with wireless not working in KDE.  It's working fine in Gnome but I prefer KDE.

I've tried both using NetworkManager and traditional (ifup) methods but can't
get associated with my wireless router except in Gnome.  The router (Linksys
WRT54G) is set to not broadcast ESSID.  I can see it with iwlist wlan0 scan but
only Gnome will associate with it.

It's my understanding that both Gnome and KDE use NetworkManager but with
different GUIs.  If that is so, why won't both associate?

Any comments or suggestions gladly accepted.

Thanks, Tom

--
Tom Taylor - retired penguin
openSuSE 11.3-RC1 x86_64