Re: Fedora 13 - single pixel for GUI login screen so unable to login to Gnome/Xfce

On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 11:21 -0400, Roger K. Wells wrote:
> On 06/24/2010 09:25 AM, Edmon Begoli wrote:
> > I upgraded from Fedora 12 to Fedora 13 and now, when my computer boots,
> > I get a login screen but the actual login box with user accounts is a
> > one pixel wide.
> >

> This happened to me after installing the "AccountsDialog" user
> management facility that was described as wonderful in a recent
> e-week article.  To do anything I logged in via ssh.  Once back
> in I uninstalled AcountsDialog (I think there was one dependency
> that I uninstalled as well) and installed the KDE login manager.
> Even after uninstalling "AccoountsDialog" the problem remained.
> KDE log in works and I now log in from there selecting the GNOME session
> option as default.  At least I am back in business.
>
> > I tried to log in from the other machine, and I found my user accounts
> > intact but the
> > graphical login is squeezed-unusable.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions for this problem?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > EB
> >

> --
> Roger Wells, P.E.
> SAIC
> 221 Third St
> Newport, RI 02840
> 401-847-4210 (voice)
> 401-849-1585 (fax)
> roger.k.wells@xxxxxxxx

I had this problem upgrading from F12 to F13 using Gnome

I found it was due to me hiding logon names, I was using:-

Don't show login names assuming your using GDM:-

gconftool-2 --direct --config-source
xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults --type bool
--set /apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list true

re running the above setting it to "false" solved the logon
albeit showing the users names.

--Andrew Gray