Re: multibooting linux

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:23:30 -0400
Tom H wrote:

> I don't understand the concept of a "master grub."

It is a boot partition that only exists to run grub.
I actually got mine by keeping a /boot that was left
when I got rid of an old fedora. I removed the kernel
images and kept the grub.conf and changed it to nothing
but chainloader entries.

The one pain is remembering to tell each new linux
to install grub on the boot partition, not the master
disk MBR (which always seems to be the default in
every kernel installer). It is often a challenge
to find the individual installer option to control
this.