Re: F13 Firefox new tab issue

On 06/23/2010 09:31 AM, William Henry was caught red-handed while writing::
> ----- "JD"<jd1008@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>

>> On 06/22/2010 07:24 PM, William Henry was caught red-handed while
>> writing::

>> on

>> and

>> either

>> tab

>> work

>> .mozilla.save

>>> Yep just fine..... as long as I don't care about my bookmarks and
>>>
>> history and plugins etc.
>>
>>> I copied it back. Now is there something else I can do to fix this
>>>
>> problem? Firefox on F12 didn't have the issue.
>>
>>> Perhaps I do need to clean up history and the cache.
>>>
>>> William

>> As far as your bookmarks and history, you can go ahead and ccopy them
>> over
>> from ~/.mozilla.save/firefox/<YourProfile>/
>> and copy them into ~/.mozilla.save/firefox/<YourNewProfile>/
>> Plugins should usually be installed in /usr/lib/mozilla
>> if you have plugins in ~/.mozilla.save/firefox/<YourProfile>/plugins,
>> again, you can opy them over to
>> ~/.mozilla.save/firefox/<YourNewProfile>/plugins/
>> Besides, most plugins can be re-installed any how.
>> If you have added any add-ons, then you will have to add
>> them all over again, and that is not a very painful step.
>>
> So you understand that I did try it and it did work. But ...
>
> Why should I have to go through all of this on an upgrade? That's not good. I'd prefer to figure out what's wrong between F12 and F13.
>
> William

Well, I am not sure it was the upgrade that did it.
I guess there was some corruption in your original
profile, that is why the new profile works just fine.
It is really very tedious for a non-firefox developer
to figure out what had gone awry in your profile.
Perhaps you might wish to tar and bzip your original
.mozilla directory and file a bug with
bugzilla.mozilla.org (you need to open an account),
and attach the tar file to the bug.
Of course, you might want to NOT include your history
and your bookmarks, as those are your private data.
Good luck - perhaps they can tell you what went wrong
in your profile.

Cheers,

JD