fedora 13 docking station dual head woes

hi,

Since I installed f13 on my laptop (dell latitued e6500) I have to
fight every morning to get my dual head display working. The graphic
card is:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series
Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)

and this setup worked flawlessly in fedora 12 (but my mobile broadband
didn't, so I upgraded, now the mobile broadband works but not the dual
head in the docking station).

The problem is that when I plug the laptop in the station, the
graphical displays goes blank. I cannot use any key to go to a VT,
everything is black. Sometimes I can have the laptop reboot by
switching to a vt and pressing ctrl-alt-del there, but not always.

If I turn the laptop on when already plugged in the docking station,
it starts up fine but when getting to the login screen I have only a
portion of the screen left with a piece of it, the 3/4 of the left
screen and the whole right screen are black. Then I can go to a vt, go
to runlevel 3, undock the laptop, go to runlevel 5, dock it and hope
for the best. This is taking me about half an hour every morning and
is not good for my blood pressure. In the end, it works but it just is
absolutely random when. I do not understand why and want to fix this
for good.

I have the feeling that the problem is that standard fedora wants to
mirror the screens. Is there a way to revert this behaviour to the
previous behaviour (up to fedora 12)? I think it is great to have it
standard mirrored (if it works), but in my case it is not working so I
would like to revert it.

What more info can I send? Logs? The same problems happen with fedora
13 x86 and with amd64, by the way, in this case it is consistent.
--
Groeten,
Natxo