Re: F13 Firefox new tab issue

On 06/22/2010 07:39 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan was caught red-handed while
writing::
> On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 19:07 -0700, JD wrote:
>
>> As far as your bookmarks and history, you can go ahead and ccopy them
>> over
>> from ~/.mozilla.save/firefox/<YourProfile>/
>> and copy them into ~/.mozilla.save/firefox/<YourNewProfile>/
>> Plugins should usually be installed in /usr/lib/mozilla
>> if you have plugins in ~/.mozilla.save/firefox/<YourProfile>/plugins,
>> again, you can opy them over to
>> ~/.mozilla.save/firefox/<YourNewProfile>/plugins/
>> Besides, most plugins can be re-installed any how.
>> If you have added any add-ons, then you will have to add
>> them all over again, and that is not a very painful step.
>>
> Why be so elaborate? He could just restore his original .mozilla
> directory and the cache, since obviously the plugins aren't what are
> causing the problem.
>
> poc

He is not sure what is causing the problem.
So far he has found out all is well if he
creates a new .mozilla directory and a new profile.

It is possible that some particular plugin he has inserted
into his .....<profile>/plugins directory is causing the
problem. I do not know. It could also be an add-on extension.

JD