Re: multibooting linux

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Mats <unix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to have (at least) two linux-system (no windows) on the same hd.
> If I make two partitions for the first (/ and swap) and then the same
> with the other one. Is that ok? All detailed explanation I've seen is
> about installing windows and linux and that's not what I want.

Unless the two linux distributions use the same desktop, you should
also have two separate home partitions, otherwise desktop and
application settings may conflict and cause crashes. I'm not sure it
is wise to keep both distributions in a single /boot . If I were to do
this, I would create two complete linux partition sets plus a separate
partition called say userdata. In the userdata partition you can keep
all data you want accessible from both distributions, and you can
symlink it to a directory in your $HOME directory in each
distribution.

Just my 2 cents,

Peter