Re: Another funny update?

On 06/22/2010 12:47 PM, Marcel Rieux wrote:
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 12:11 AM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have developers working really hard to make things just work in a
completely free and open way.  they are fight a tough battle that is part of
what defines fedora for what it is.

The best way to win this "tough battle" is to provide precise instructions on how to get rid of NVIDIA kernel modules once there're installed. If you can't dig this I don't believe it's any use discussing.

I honestly don't care if you think we
should support nvidia binary blobs or not.

Where did I say you should "support nvidia binary blobs"? Is giving instructions on how to uninstall the module any way to support NVIDIA drivers?

In my world, if you explain how to install the NVIDIA driver and get teh Nouveau driver out of the way -- and RPMFusion does this! -- you support NVIDIA. If you do the opposite, you support Nouveau.

If Nouveau developers can't understand this, my take is that, as bad as NVIDIA support can be, Nouveau's going to be worst. Providing instructions on how to install a driver seems to me like a bare minimum.

If you want your expensive video card to work then use the Nvidia drivers...
Simple is it not