Multimedia video on netbook

Hi Folks,

I just loaded VLC on my netbook and was able to view my recent manta ray
night diving video.

However, given its normal power saving procedure, it dims the screen
shortly after the video starts.

Is there any prevailing wisdom how to handle this feature during a video
display?

I am assuming watching movies has the same issue...

tia, jackc...

--
Jack Craig
Software Engineer