Re: problem booting windows on a flash stick via qemu

On Monday, 21 June, 2010 @04:30 zulu, JD scribed:

> I have a 16GB flash stick which I boot up via
> VirtualBox without any problems. But when
> I try to boot it with qemu:
> qemu -hda /dev/sdd -m 256 -vga std
> I get the blue screen of death.
> $ rpm -q qemu
> qemu-0.12.3-8.fc13.i686

Was that stick created from an image of an existing
windows install that was not sysprep'd?

If so, are you familiar with loading the registry
hive from another computer so you can swap
the drive letters / serial numbers around?
If you're not, that should at least give you a clue
what to google.  :-)