Re: f13: Firefox wont start if the ~/.mozilla/ is a sym link

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 21:50:26 +0200
Dario Lesca wrote:

> It's a bug?

They apparently claim it is a feature, not a bug.
In fact, nothing in the path to ~/.mozilla can be
a symlink, so something like /home as a symlink
also doesn't work.

I switched from a symlink to a "bind" mount to
solve my problem with /home by putting this
in my /etc/fstab:

/zooty/home /home none rw,bind 0 0

Now I still have /home as a subdir on a separate
disk, but firefox doesn't get all upset about
symlinks.