Re: Chinese input on a mixed 32/64 bit Fedora installation

On 06/19/2010 04:29 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:

>> I just changed from 64 bit Firefox to 32 bit Firefox on my Fedora 13
>> machine, because of the recent Flash issues. Now, when I try to enter
>> Chinese in a browser window I can't select the ibus input method. Does
>> anyone know if there is a way to fix this?
>>

> Are you saying that the ibus keyboard isn't on your panel?  Have you
> enabled it by running im-chooser?

I took a fully working Fedora 13 installation, where Chinese entry
worked in all windows. I changed the Firefox from the 64 bit version to
the 32 bit version. Now Chinese entry still works in all the other
windows, but when I am in a 32 bit Firefox window the keyboard symbol
will not change to the IME symbol, and Chinese entry is not possible.

Steve