Re: 32bit Vs 64bit OS

Monty wig writes:

Hi Gurus,

Can someone please point me the right direction on the difference between 32bit and 64bit OS?

From a user perspective, the major difference is that there is no practical
Flash plugin for 64 bit. If you need to watch Youboob, you'll have to stick to i386. At least until Youboob migrates to HTML 5. However, even on x86_64, you can simply install the 32 bit version of Firefox, and use the Flash plugin that way. There's also the ndiswrapper plugin which supposedly lets you run 32 bit Flash inside 64 bit Firefox, but I was never able to get it to work.

Minor differences are that 64 bit applications are slightly faster, and 64 bit lets you use more RAM.