GUI admin tools permissions in VNC Windows

I have Fedora Core 13 installed and I have VNC setup so when I connect I
get a login window just like on the local keyboard and monitor. That's
what I want and it is working fine.

The host is in a remote room and typically will not have a keyboard or
monitor plugged into it. I want to be able to manage the system via the
GUI management tools from the VNC connections.

However, when I try and do some things, like eject a DVD, and also
update software packages from a VNC connection it doesn't seem to let me
do that. When I select the update software from a VNC window it shows me
there are 35 updates and when I select apply it claims "Authorization
Failure". I log in on the keyboard and monitor with the same username
and it uploads fine.

What do I need to do to get similar admin capability via VNC GUI tools
that I get when logging into the locally connected keyboard and
monitor ?

Thanks
Chris Kottaridis