Re: Adobe (Temporarily?) Kills 64-Bit Flash For Linux

--- On Wed, 6/16/10, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 14:47 -0700,
> Patrick Bartek wrote:
> > An inferior format, VHS, image qualitywise, yes
>
> No.  Have you actually compared them, or just
> repeating gossip?  I have.
> They were both as bad as each other, in general.  And
> when there was a
> difference, the Beta machines I've seen were worse.

Years ago--25+ or so, when both machines were available in stores, I did do a little recording/playback test in the store.  Beta seemed a little sharper and less smeary as I recall.  But it was analog NTSC after all.  And tube TVs, not broadcast monitors.  I bought a VHS recorder mainly for the long play times.  And it was cheaper.  The quality was good enough for my needs even on extended play.  After all, it was only TV. ;-)