F13 - can't detect network printer

The hard drive on my F12 system recently failed, and I decided it was
easiest to simply start from scratch. So what I'm dealing with now is
a clean install of F13 from DVD, updated. The printer in our office is
shared from a well-established Windows machine. It is the same machine
that was used when I was printing from F12.

I go to System->Administration->Printing and select Add. Then I'm
asked to provide my root password twice -- what's up with that?

So I now select "Network Printer" and "Find Network Printer" then
enter the hostname (it's correct; I've triple-checked). The dialog
says "Searching..." for a long time and finally, "No printer was found
at that address."

Now what?

-Alan