Re: Another funny update?

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 5:05 PM, David Boles <dgboles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Fedora provides you, free of charge, a perfectly good, working,
operating system. And they maintain that system. As provided.

You modified it by adding a package, or packages, from a non Fedora
site(s). Fedora provided improvements and bug fixes for the system that
they provide and maintain that 'broke' when you modified that system?

You modified your system. So you should fix it.

Did you read this message:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2010-June/375289.html

How can rpmfusion provide the module for a kernel it's not expecting because the one in testing -- posted yesterday!!!! -- is an earlier kernel? This seems to me like an important post and everybody ignores it.

rpmfusion is not at fault. Unless it's admissible for Fedora to play tricks on rpmfusion, the whole problem is with Fedora.

If there's something I don't get, what is it?

As for your "did you know", I said I know all that. Here, no doubt. I just believe that updates should work without any problem. This unannounced new kernel business is just crazy. There's no need for this.