Re: how to set screen resolution for HP6710b on Fedora 13

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 20:35:57 +1000,
>  L <yuanlux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> thanks
>> the hardware is capable for 1680x1050, the current max and default is
>> 1024x800. The system-config-display is limited to get more options.
>
> That seems like a bug then. Something is not being detected properly or
> something is returning bad data.
>
> While it probably won't result in an immediate fix, filing a bug for this
> with Xorg.0.log information supplied might help the video driver maintainers
> figure out what is going on.
>
> In the short run you can make an xorg.conf file that says to use the
> resolution you want. Probably you will need to make mode line specifications
> for that, that correspond to what your hardware is capable of. Setting things
> too high has the potential to damage your hardware.
>
> You can use the cvt program to generate mode line information if you want
> to try that.

thanks, I will try the manual setup later. Some suggested

xf86-video-intel Driver from
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjYwOQ may be a
fix. I tried to compile it. After ./configure. stopped at ./make.

is there rpm of this driver?

--
http://etvillage.blogspot.com/