Re: Another funny update?

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Kevin Martin <kevintm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>

Shouldn't there be a way for yum/packagekit to understand the
interdependencies when kmod packages are installed such that a new
kernel update is *not* offered if the corresponding kmod package that
uses it is not available?

Something like this, offered by default to nvidia driver users would be nice. It would have prevented the present mess.

Another thing that would be nice is an howto on disinstalling nvidia drivers made available on Fedora's or rpmfusion's site. Last time I looked there were none, if I remember well.

I do understand Fedora can't tell how to install nvidia drivers but it could tell how to uninstall them.

If I upgrade to Fedora 13, will I be given a choice as to which driver I want to use?